Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holidaze!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe its been so long since I have posted. And its not for lack of things going on, its just lack of time and energy. Its been full blown HOLIDAZE around here. I am going to be better, I PROMISE!


Anyway...we have been busy preparing for all things Christmas lately. Last weekend we had two of our favorite little munchkins stay over while my sister was out of town. We played and played, and went to the movies, and OF COURSE, made Christmas cookies. I am not sure I was fully prepared for what a messy process this would be with a 5 and 3 year old would be, but it was worth it. In the end there were sprinkles and icing everywhere, and some very messy little faces and hands, but everybody had fun I think.





Then later in the week, I finally got myself together and had everything ready for our Christmas Cards. I just LOVE getting Christmas Cards every year. It seems to be a dying practice these days, but I just can't wait to get the mail every day and see who sent us one, and I especially love all the pictures so we can see how everyone's families have grown. I didn't make ours this year for the first time in many years, and have been feeling a little bit guilty, but I just flat ran out of time. I think they came out cute anyway though, and as always we ended up with an amazing picture thanks to Angela! Since I still had more baking to do, James volunteered to work on putting our cards together (much to my surpise). What would I do without my helpful husband?




Since our cards are already out, I can share our wonderful picture for this year. You wouldn't believe what we had to go through to get James to smile pretty for us, but it was worth it in the end. Thanks again Ang!

I think we are amost ready for Christmas now. The decorating is done (Pictures still coming of that), the shopping is finished, and James is pinching presents under the tree, and Christmas Parties are in full swing. Oh, and Kelly-dog has been helping to in her own way too...I think I would rather have her job though.....


Hope you are all ready for Christmas week! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. James, don't you hate licking the envelopes? I do! Ha....you look like you were rather enjoying it. What is wrong with you.
    Laughing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I bet your are now the Best Aunt ever, those kiddos look like they had a grand time making cookies!!!
    I love the finished product of your Christmas Card!!! And Yes, why are so many people fading from this great tradition? I love sending/receiving them too1

    ReplyDelete