Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Catching Up

Well, it seems I have gotten behind on my blog....AGAIN! It has been such a busy week that I seem to have just run out of time. I guess I should start with last week. On Wednesday night we went to dinner to celebrate two very special Tompkins' birthdays. Jarred and Ava happen to share their birthday. How special is that?! If you have read my blog at all, you know that we just love them to pieces! We had a fantastic meal (and of course, birthday cake too!). Then we headed out to the shark exhibit, ferris wheel, and carousel. We had a fantastic time!




Then on Saturday, Miss Ava had her official First Birthday Party. Angela did such a fantastic job, and everything was just adorable (everything lady bug!). I can't believe she is already a year old!





And of course, Sunday was full of family, as Easter should be! We made the trek to see both our parents, starting out with James' Mom and Dad. We got to go see my FIL compete in one of his Cowboy Action Shooting events. He has really found something he LOVES, and I am so glad! In case you aren't familiar, this is a shooting competition with a "Old Western" twist. They dress up in period specific attire, and compete in different shooting events. Obviously, the one who is the fastest draw (and shoots "clean", meaning hitting all the specified targets) wins! I am happy to report that Mr. V came in FIRST in his class, and THIRD overall! Remind me never to make him angry :)


Then if was off to visit my family in Galveston for Easter lunch, at which point I seem to have never taken my camera out of my bag. I am still not sure how that happened! I guess I was to busy playing with my sister's kiddos. Needless to say, we were thoroughly exhausted by the time we got home, and promptly collapsed. And so begins another week...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, is that not one of the cutest little baby girls Ever...so adorable in that Lady Bug to do!! Did your friend Angela make that shirt for her??

    Happy Belated Easter......just so you know, I had to re-read the sentence with FIL like 10 times before my Old Lady Mind figured it out ;)

    ReplyDelete