Our first stop was Grand Turk in the Turks & Caicos Islands. We got to go Scuba diving again on this trip, and I have to say...the reefs of Grand Turk were absolutely INCREDIBLE. There is just no other way to describe it. This was by far one of the highlights of our first cruise, and we were really hoping to get to do it again. Hopefully some of the pictures from our waterproof cameras came out, and I can post some of those later. The views of the water and beaches were just gorgeous!
We had lunch at Margaritaville when we finished our Dive, and I think its a law that one must drink margaritas when in Margaritaville. And if its not, IT SHOULD BE!
Our second Port of Call was Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Half Moon is a private island owned by the Cruise Line, and it was hands down the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! It topped Grand Turk from the day before easily. We spent the day on the beach and just relaxed, it was incredible. The water was a little cool, but not so much so that it kept us out of the water. I have never seen a more pristine beach! The sand was so WHITE, and you really felt like you were standing in sugar.
Our last day on the boat we stopped in Nassau, Bahamas. We took the day to visit the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. We swam with the dolphins in the morning, which was SOOOO neat, and then got to spend the afternoon enjoying Waterpark and Resort Aquariums. Getting to interact with dolphins was such a great experience! I LOVED IT! If you ever are in the Bahamas, you have to put this resort on your "MUST DO" list. The entire property is covered with the most incredible gardens and aquariums.
James LOVED all the aquariums! His favorite was the sharks! They had all different kinds, and they really were cool.
We had such a good time last week, and I honestly wish I could just move onto one of those beaches and never leave! But, we're home now, more rested and tanner than when we left.....and its back reality.....good thing my reality is such a great one!

Oh that sounds like so much fun & what BEAUTIFUL Beaches!!! The waters looked such a Vibrant Blue & the Beaches so White....I feel like I can smell the sun tan lotion ;)
ReplyDelete