We have come to a conclusion this week, and that is, being a one car family is just not for us! We sold my car last year when James deployed (its my turn to get a new car on this go around thank you very much), and had planned on replacing it when he returned. So he's been taking me to a from work all week, and we have had to try to coordinate schedules as best we can.
Well obviously, the first thing on his to do list when he arrived home was a new bass boat...as James would say..."PRIORITIES!.....DUH!". That boy had his new boat within days of getting back home. And was out on the lake almost immediately. To be honest, its exactly what I was expecting. And he earned it! But, we only lasted a few days doing the single car for the both of us thing. I think having to drop me off and pick me up was cutting into his time on the lake.
So that meant we needed to find a new car for me. One would think this would be an exciting thing, but I truly truly deep down HATE car shopping. Its just so stressful, and expensive, and generally unpleasant. And James likes it just about as much as I do. Not something I was looking forward to to say the least. So, we gritted our teeth this week and just had to get it done. Now, I am a SUV girl all the way, and we ended up with a very very nice new Acadia. Oh how spoiled I am! My sweet husband is so good to me! Isn't it pretty....
So here we are at the end of a very expensive week, a little less stressed because two of our big "TO DO's" are checked off the list.

No comments:
Post a Comment