The Doctor decided we would go ahead an induce on Friday (June 10th) since I seemed to be progressing quite well (and a little because my blood pressure was starting to creep up just a bit, nothing unhealthy, but still creeping up), plus I was SO ready to not be pregnant anymore. So Friday morning, off we went to the hospital to get started. We got all hooked up and the induction drugs flowing, and Mr. Carson decided he just wasn't going to handle it quite as well as we would have liked. Everytime I would get up or we messed with him to much, his heart rate would drop temporarily. I think he was just happy where he was, and not thrilled with the eviction notice his Mommy was handing him :) So, after a few hours of labor, the doctor thought it would be best to go ahead and do a C-section rather than let me labor for several more hours and risk Carson not handling the delivery well.
Anyway, we headed into the OR, and within about an hour Carson Philip Vogelpohl joined us, weighing 8 lbs 2 ozs and measuring 19 inches! He is just perfect. I can't imagine ever loving anything or anyone more.
We spent til Monday in the hospital, and then were released to come home. I am slowly getting back to feeling like myself. I will say one thing, they basically saw you in half when you have a C-section, but its worth every second. I am so very blessed to have the most amazing husband on earth too! I knew he would be helpful, but he honestly went way above and beyond anything I could have expected. I didn't even change a diaper until the morning we came home (at which point I got instructions from the "expert" on how it was done)! He is incredible with our son, and to watch the two of them is one of the greats joys I have ever known in my life. I am so blessed to have my two boys, I can't even tell you.
Anyway, here are a couple pictures from the hospital....
Our first family picture
Anyway, heres our handsome son getting ready to head home

No comments:
Post a Comment