
Everyone deals with a bully at some point in life right? I guess it just never occured to me that my dog might have the same problem. I mean really, it sounds silly right? Well, we have a new resident in our yard lately, who until recently has been camera shy. I have been trying to snap a picture of her for a couple weeks now so I could post about it, and sadly this was the best I could come up with (some photographer huh?). Anyway, check out this ferocious character...........
Kelly finds her pretty scary anyway ;) Lately Kelly has not been wanting to go out in the backyard, but is pretty unusual for her. But she

LOVES going out front. I just thought she miffed that the Texas heat is coming back or something? So the other day, James was in the back yard watering and enjoying one of his cigars (Kelly would never miss that), and he noticed Kelly had plastered herself against the house and was kinda cowering, while this bird was annnoying scquaking away nearby. So James proceeded to go get Kelly wondering what was her problem? Once he sprang her from her hiding place, this dang bird took it upon herself to begin fly over Kelly girl's head and dive-bomb her! Can you believe that? And being the biggest wuss ever, poor Kelly hit the deck! James apparently laughed at her of course, and continued to do so until the bird decided he was the enemy as well, as began taking shots at his head. At this point, James and Kelly decided that the bird had taken it a bit far.....THIS MEANT WAR! So apparently the most reasonable course of action was to take up a defensive position with the water hose and defend what was theirs!
In the end, I think team Vogelpohl won, and we haven't seen as much of our little feathered friend. I am sure she has a nest in one of our trees, and was only trying to defend her eggs, but really? I am not sure who to feel sorry for in this scenario?
There is never a dull moment with my little family!
No comments:
Post a Comment