Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Things Halloween!

Well, I have successfully gotten VERY behind again on my blog.  Oh well, we had fun being behind.  Its finally FALL!  Or at least has started to feel like it in Houston in the last couple of weeks with the cold fronts blowing through.  One of my favorite things about fall is Halloween!  Its just a fun holiday!  You don't have to try to see every family member you have, you aren't buying gifts, or stressing out about getting decorations up (at least not as many has at Christmas time).....you just get to be a kid, eat candy, and have FUN!  Whats not to like?  Plus, this is Carson's first Halloween, and we were so excited to show him the ropes. 

We started out over the weekend with pumpkin carving.  Of course Daddy did all the carving, but Carson was sure supportive watching (and maybe napping a little) while Dad worked. 


Then of course was the Halloween itself! We have started a little tradition over the last few years where our dear friends, The Tompkins, and usually my sister and her kiddos head over to our house for dinner and trick-or-treating.  Sadly, Lindsay and my babies didn't make it out this year since it was a school night, but Carson and Ava sure had fun!  My little Monster, of course, went as a Monster.....what else right?  And if I may say, was the cutest little monster in the neighborhood!
 After we walked around the neighborhood, and finished handing out candy at the front door, this little man konked out immediately.   And Daddy promptly confiscated the Monster's candy ("he can't eat it anyway!").
OH, and a little side note, Halloween marks the anniversary of James and my first date!  Fourteen years ago I went on my last first date, and met the man I was going to marry.  I love you so much James, and I could not ask for a better partner in life.  What would I do without you?

Happy Halloween everyone!  I hope yours was as much fun as ours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment