Well, it seemed inevitable, but I have finally decided to start a blog (I am a little bit late I know). It seems that everyone I know has already been blogging for centuries, and I am the last to finally cave. After much prodding from many of my friends (you know who you are!), I GIVE. So I ask for patience from yall, and eventually I might get the hang of this. I really love reading everyone elses Blogs, and keeping up with their daily lives, so I thought it would be a nice way to keep all of our friends and family up to date with whats going on in our always hectic life.
To start off with, I am so very glad it is 2010! I can finally FINALLY say that my husband is coming home this year! James is finishing out his second deployment in Afghanistan, and should be home very soon (he's been away since last February). I can't tell you how excited we both are getting! There is nothing that beats that first hug after a year long (or longer if you are us) seperation. The light at the end of the tunnel is near!
Of course, at this stage of any of his deployments I typically realize that all the projects I had intended on completing while he's gone are merely half done (or not started at all). I have gotten very good at keeping myself occupied while he's away, but these next couple months are going to be BUSY if I want to get everything done. Most say that I take on to much, and stress myself out needlessly, but it sure does make the time fly!
So, I will leave you with a picture of my handsome soldier as the countdown continues....


Oh Elissa, we are thrilled to pieces that you have come over into blogger world & even more thrilled that James in returning SOON!! I know that you will have a wonderful reunion with one another!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog TITLE & background, I love, love, love that your blogger! If you have any question on how to do something, I'm more than happy to help. You can find most everything for free!
OH TODAY IS A GOOD DAY, ELISSA IS IN BLOGGERWORLD!!!
I am with Katie...Yay!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to become so addicted. It is such a neat way for everyone to know what is going on.
I love the title too! So creative!
Love you!
Thanks ladies! Sometimes insomnia can turn into something productive :)
ReplyDelete