I worked a half a day on Friday and hurried over to meet James' Mom to do some fabric/drape shopping. She is so talented when it comes to this kind of stuff, and we came up with some ideas that I would have NEVER arrived at on my own. After that, I booked it over to pick up my niece and nephew from day care and brought back home with me for the night. I had a great time with my favorite "Slumber Party" buddies! We stayed up late watching "The Penguin Movie" and had pancakes for breakfast.
Then yesterday afternoon I took them home, and we had Conner's belated birthday dinner with the whole family (minus Uncle Jimmy of course). Conner's birthday is the day after Christmas, so his Mommy wanted to wait a bit to have his party, so it wasn't so lost in the Holidays. We had hamburgers and cookie cake, and of course, opened presents. That little boy had such a good time!


After Conner's party, I had one more stop before the day was over. My cousin, Judith, threw a birthday party for a friend and the theme to the dinner was "Murder on the French Riviera". The whole evening was centered around a Murder Mystery storyline, and at the end you had to figure out WHO DONE IT. It was such a neat idea, and they did such a fantastic job putting it all together. I just wish I had gotten some pictures. You felt like you were walking straight into France when you stepped in their house.
Needless to say, I am now thoroughly exhausted. I still have a thousand things to do today around here before the week starts over again. Since its so cold out, its been hard to motivate myself to get going though. Oh well, I deserve one morning to sleep late right?! HA! Ok, I am off to start my list of things to do, and hopefully get in my run for the day. Hope everybody had a great weekend!

What a yummy looking cookie cake, I wanted to jump threw my puter and lick that frosting right off it!
ReplyDeleteElissa, must give more details on the Murder Mystery Dinner!???? That sounds so Fun!!
Well, as I understand it, you can buy the kits, which is basically the scripts for them. They all have different themes. This one I went to was "Murder on the French Riviera", but I know someone who went to a Vegas themed one as well. Basically, the guests each play a character (not everyone has to participate though). On Saturday I bet they had 30 people or more at the party, and maybe half actually had parts in the script. They all got pretty into it and dressed the parts. There was a Priest and a Nun, and a French resturant owner, etc. Super fun.
ReplyDeleteSo at varying points during the evening you will play a Scene. There are clues and such in each scene, and at the end everyone gets to guess Who DONE IT. I am happy to report that I guessed right :)
They set it up well I think. They had drinks and appetizers and did Scene 1, then set down to have salads before dinner, then did Scene 2, then we ate dinner, and when we finished did Scene 3, and "The Solution" came during dessert. I know a few friends who have gone to parties like this over the last several months. I guess its kinda turning into the new thing.