
So, I am in my last year of my twenties (gulp!), and so far it is just flying by. And lately for some reason, I have really started to notice how much things really have changed over the last 10 years. I am starting to realize I am not a kid anymore, and 30 is in fact right around the corner. So, just for fun.....a few ways I know I am not 20 years old anymore...
1. The other day the checkout girl at the grocery store (who couldn't have been a day over 19) complimented me on what a healthy eater I must be, after seeing all the vegetables in my grocery cart (several years ago I use to basically just grab a bunch of bananas in the produce section and move on to the junk food!)
2. I, and a lot of my friends my age, are now beginning to deal with sick and in some cases, the passing of our parents. As it turns out, they aren't invincible.
3. Several couples who were married around the same time we were, and who we thought were made for each other are now divorced.
4. I have a much deeper appreciation for how precious life is, and know that every moment with the people I love is truly a gift from God.
5. I really do look like a different person after I have had my shower and put my makeup on in the morning.
6. I don't remember what its like to have more than 7 days in a row off. These days even that only happens about once a year.
7. I can't drink caffeine after about 4:00 in the afternoon, or I won't be able to sleep at night.
8. My baby brother is 26 years old. 26!!!!!!! It seems like I was helping him tie his shoes about a minute ago.
9. I do the dishes every night before going to bed. I use to just leave them there until I got around to it (and am embarrassed to actually admit how long that use to take).
10. It takes me a little longer these days to get over the "sore" the day after a good workout.
11. I find myself thinking, "D*** kids!" and "There are children out playing!" when I see the teenagers in my neighborhood hauling around the corner in front of our house to fast.
12. And of course, the obvious....that little line between my eyebrows doesn't really go away anymore when I stop frowning.
Having listed all of this...here's the thing...I think I am really ok with ALL of it! My twenties have been incredible, and 29 is turning out to be no different! I have gotten to do things I thought I would never in life get the opportunity to do. Every year just gets better, and I think that its going to keep going that way into my thirties. So why freak out about the milestone that is 30? I am "29 and Counting".......NOT, "29 and Holding"! Less than a year to go, and Come on 30! Let see whatcha got!

I feel like I am 50!
ReplyDeleteThis was so cute & fun to read! I felt apprehensive about turning 30, for I was 29 when I met a Super Cute Seannie & thought how old I must be ;). Now that I'm well into my 30's, I don't fret the small stuff.
ReplyDelete#4 is so true, I relish in it!!
So impressed with your attitude! I so dreaded 30 and then a few weeks ago it dawned on me - I am SUCH a better person now. Lots of growing up to do still, but the strides I've made could have only come with time (and time with God, of course). Way to embrace it!!
ReplyDelete