Saturday, June 19, 2010

Vacation Scheduled!

I realize that we just took a vacation a few months ago, but I really think we just NEEEEEEEEDDDDD another one. We have been saying since we got married that we want to go back to Colorado. James, of course, spent most of his childhood living in the Denver area before moving to Houston when he was 14, and I haven't been since I was about 13 years old. Every time vacation time rolls around, its almost always during the winter months, and alas, neither of us are very big skiers. So we have always said that we would do it another time during the summer so we could hike, and do a lot of the outdoorsy stuff we love Well dang it.........we are just going to do it, and stop saying "one of these days". You only live once right?

So this week we booked our flights and found a perfect vacation rental cabin in the mountains. This the view from the back porch...


Its going to be fantastic! The perfect getaway to get in some hiking and maybe some rafting(and get a break from our scorching Texas summer). I can not wait to get out there with my camera and take some pictures of that gorgeous scenery! Plus we will get to go see some of the places James grew up, and visit some friends while we are there. My best friend from high school lives in Colorado, and we also have some friends from college who are stationed out there as well. We are so excited! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! You guys are going to have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Spectacular View, take tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete