Saturday, February 26, 2011

Check! Check!

This weekend we have checked some pretty important baby boxes on our never-ending TO DO list. First and maybe most importantly, we decided on a name for our little man. Picking names is a very tricky business, and was MUCH harder than I ever expected it to be. I mean its their NAME! They are stuck with it FOREVER, and thats a lot of pressure. Since we knew his middle name from the beginning, that made it harder to find something that "went with" it. But we were both adamant that he will share the same middle name as his father and grandfather. That is the tradition in my family as well, and one we wanted to continue with our son. I can't think of two people I would want my child to share a middle name with more! Both James and his Dad are incredible men, and our little boy will be so lucky to be named for them.

One thing I learned when we were trying to decide on a name is that EVERYONE has an opinion, and everyone knew someone at some point in their lives they didn't like with the name you are considering. Everybody has different tastes right? So we kinda quit advertising our possibles list for the most part after a while. We went around and around, and just when we thought we found one we liked, we still kept it to ourselves for a couple weeks just to be sure we still liked it after it rolled around in our heads for a while. After all that, and many many comments/suggestions from various Peanut Galleries, our little boy will be named Carson Philip. I think its perfect!

Item two that we checked off the list today was baby furniture! We figured we better go ahead and get it ordered since it would be a little while before it came in, and off we went to the store today. We thought we had the set we wanted all picked out, and of course promptly changed our minds as soon as we were in the store (naturally!). After several laps around all the furniture, we finally decided on one, and both gulped when we went to pay for it. We ordered him a crib (with bed rails that will eventually convert his crib into a full size bed), and a matching dresser. We decided we would wait and shop around some more for a glider. I just don't understand why rockers and gliders are so stinking expensive!

Anyway, we were walking out of the store, and this upholstered rcoking chair caught both our eyes. We thought WOW, that looks comfy! So just for fun, James tried it out. Turns out not only is it a rocker, its a recliner with electric controls. HA! I didnt' even want to look at what it cost! But it was to late, Jim's eyes had glazed over, and he was in love. Turned out, it wasn't that much more expensive than some of the plain old gliders. So I caved and James got his way. I am still not sure if he wanted it for Carson or himself, but our little man is going to be rocking in style. This rocking chair is fit for a prince. We picked a different upholstery and color, but you get the idea...........

Anyway....baby name......check.........baby's furniture........check! Pretty productive weekend so far I'd say :) Tomorrow begins our celebrating James' birthday. Being he's a leap year baby, and he doesn't have a birthday this year, he tends to stretch it out over about a week. I think I have him reigned in to two days this year though. I will post pics later from that.

Happy Saturday everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! So happy! I think I was lucky considering the 5 previous first born boys of lil Monkey's lineage were "George" that's right, he's the 6th George, but only the third "George James" (sigh ... O.k. you can tell James his middle name was for him!)

    We got the convertible bed too and LOVE it, but I will tell you (if you hadn't heard already) get a teething cover for the front/footboard part. We did and are so glad, he has chewedthe sides like an old pencil but they are only temparary so I'm not too worried! I'll check in with you later Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too Elissa, that is a Perfect Name!!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carson is perfect! (We call him Big C around here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know you had a blog! I've been missing out! I love the name Carson and think it's perfect for your little guy. Congrats on all the checks off your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete