I have a special place in my heart for all dogs really. And when I walk into someone's house, I am usually the first to kneel down to scratch ears or rub a belly. But as you can imagine I have a particular soft spot for my Girl. Anyway, every day there is this ritual that takes place in our house. James is almost always already home long before me, either its his day off, or he's getting ready to leave for work himself. I usually call and let him know I am on my way when I am leaving the office. As soon as the phone rings in the evenings, Kelly knows that must mean I am on my way home, and she promply takes up her position pacing the entryway and staring out the window by the front door until I come through it. She's her Mama's dog, what can I say? I was always the favorite!
Lately, our schedules have been backwards though due to a temporary schedule change for James at work, so I have been the one who gets home first lately. Sadly, it appears Kelly doesn't discriminate between her Mama and her Daddy. Little bit of a shot to my ego, but its been fun watching her.
So....James calls to tell me he's coming home, and before I am even off the phone, the sentry is at the front door..........
Now we just gotta figure out what we're gonna do when her brother arrives in a few months. I think we might have some jealousy issues...this girl loves her parents :)

No comments:
Post a Comment